Monday, May 17, 2010

Acts 20:28

Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.

This is a very powerful and humbling verse. Paul spoke these words to the elders in Ephesus. This message still stands firm today. As I continue my walk with Christ and grow my faith I am reminded it is not just about me. As a leader in different ministries it is my responsibility to spread the Gospel and help others in their spiritual walk. My salvation was paid for by the blood of the living God. As 1 Timothy 4:14a states - Do not neglect your gift. My gift from God is the ability to communicate His word. I do not do this for money or self gain. I do this for the will of God and I serve him whole heartedly. Through the perseverance of my life and with sound doctrine I not only save myself but also those who hear and accept the salvation of Jesus Christ. Each of us has a flock that we tend to. You may not always be open to the idea of mentoring others; however your actions in every situation are well noted by those around you. Walking in faith and living a Christian life pays more towards others salvation then most people ever know.

No comments:

Post a Comment