Thursday, September 23, 2010

God's Hand

It has been quite some time since I have written on this blog site. This delay has been spent learning lessons and opening my heart to God.
In June and July I had placed my job as the priority in my life. I was not spending time in God’s Word and even placed my job in front of serving Christ. In the middle of July I signed my resignation and began the process of humbling myself. I began my daily readings and taking the time to listen for God to speak. I was applying for employment and praying for God to open the doors for the right vessel. I looked into different mission organizations to become a full time missionary. I found that many of these organizations have placed rules about being divorced. I know God uses jacked up people all through the bible for His glory. I continued to pray and then six weeks ago I applied for a position in a ministry that’s sole purpose is to get God’s Word to every child. Two weeks after applying for this position I still had not heard anything.
This is when God’s hand showed up and showed me His power to change all things. On the night of Saturday, 08/21/10 out of my normal routine I walked into the church office to pick up the items needed at our 2nd church campus. I was asked about my work experience. It turned out that the same position I had applied for two weeks prior was e-mailed to church staff. The next day as I was driving to the main campus to deliver items from the 2nd campus I thought “If there is a parking spot near the office I’ll stop. If not I’ll just pull up and drop off the items off and leave”. You guessed it. There was a front row space right next to the office. I went in and dropped off the items then went to talk to a Pastor about my internship in Pastoral Care. This was the 1st answered prayer of the week. I was then introduced to the Church member who sent the e-mail to the Church staff. On Monday I began my internship. On Tuesday I received a phone call to set-up an interview for the position I had applied for. On Wednesday when I finished the interview I knew there would be no doubt that God had arranged this whole situation. The interview was 90% about my walk with Christ. My resume explained my work experience so that was never a question. To interview for a job and be able to talk about what God has done in my life was amazing. On Friday I received the phone call that I was hired. This was the 2nd answered prayer of the week. The 3rd answered prayer was the pay was exactly what I needed in order to live and pay my bills.
During this time I read Psalm 25 almost every day. I can truly say this Psalm helped me through this tough time. God provided all my needs during the time of being unemployed and provided a vessel that allows me to serve Him every day. I am truly blessed and amazed by the Power, Mercy, Grace and Love God has for each of His children. God reached down and held me close. His right hand never let me go.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete